It's an honor to be invited for Live Cooking Demonstration by Ili Sulaiman. The live cooking demonstration is brought to you by Tefal . I was so excited to meet Ili Sulaiman in person she is the founder of Dish by Ili. During the cooking demonstration, Ili show us how to prepare a simple dessert using Tefal Expertise pan.
Tefal is world no.1 in cookware and Tefal exclusive coating combines the best non-stick performance with the strength of Titanium. Titanium provides longer life span and more durable in use. During the cooking demonstration, Ili shares her recipes and cooking tips.
Churros with Kaya Dipping Sauce
Preparation time 20 minutes
1 cup water
5 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
4 cups of vegetable oil for frying
For Kaya Sauce
4 tablesppons Kaya
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons hot water
For coating, mix together in a shallow dish:
1/4 cup sugar
- In a pot, add water, butter, sugar and salt. Mix Together until butter melts and water boils.
- Turn off heat when water boils and add in flour. Mix until become dough. Place dough on a mixing bowl and let it cool for 5 minutes or so.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs with Vanilla extract. Then add to mixing bowl with dough. Blend until thick and smooth.
- Heat the oil to 350 F.
- While heating, set up pastry bag with dough. In a bowl, prepare coating of coarse sugar.
- When oil is properly heated, push snippets of dough into the oil and fry them for 3-4 minutes. Remove from oil and place on top of paper towels to drain oil.
- When oil is drained, coat each churro with sugar before serving.
- For the Kaya dipping sauce, add in 4 tablespoons of hot water and a pinch of salt to make it into a runny consistency.
Red Velvet Pancakes with Cream Cheese Glaze
Preparation time 10 minutes
Cooking time 15 minutes
11/2 cup self-raising flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cups milk
1/2 cup yogurt
4 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled slightly
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon white vinegar
2 teaspoons red liquid food coloring
For Cream Cheese Glaze
1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon milk, if needed
- In a bowl, use a whisk to combine the flour, sugar, cocoa powder and salt. Set aside first.
- In a separate bowl, separate egg whites and egg yolk. Whisk egg-whites until stiff and set aside.
- Whisk the egg yolks, add milk, yogurt, butter, vanilla extract, white vinegar and food coloring, whisking to combine completely.
- Mix dry ingredients into the egg yolk mixture until combined. Do not overmix.
- Then slowly fold in the stiff egg whites to retain the air in the pancake mix.
- Heat up non-stick pan and rub some butter with a kitchen brush and spoon batter into the desired sized pancakes. Cook until bubbles form in the batter, the edges are dry and the underside is lightly brown, about 5 minutes, then flip over and cook the other side for another 1 to 2 minutes more. Repeat as needed until all of the batter is used.
- As pancakes cook, make the cream cheese glaze. In a blender, blend together or mix using fork to stir together the cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Add a little milk if needed to make a glaze that has a thin enough consistency to drizzle.
- To serve, stack three pancakes on a plate and drizzle cream cheese glaze over them.
Enjoy the excellence taste with Tefal and it is safe pan to use. The safety application is recognized by public health agencies both in Europe and United States. The Thermo-spot inside the pan ensure the ideal start temperature for the best flavor of the food. You even can enjoy the pure taste of the food by cooking using Tefal. For more information regarding Tefal, feel free to browse Tefal website at www.tefal.com.my or follow Tefal on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mytefal/ .